Lessons on how to tap the true potential in every horse from one of the world's leading female trainers.
For six decades, Lynn Palm has been a mainstay of the horse training, showing, and clinicing industry. Her successes in diversity in training and the development of willingness and ability across disciplines are unparalleled. She has four Superhorse Titles—a prize awarded to a horse that demonstrates a broad skillset and proficiency in multiple sports. In these pages, Lynn shares the eight keys to her success in training and competing, and how you, too—whether you're eventing or ranch riding—can shape a horse with a good attitude, correct movement, healthy biomechanics, and top-notch conditioning. A “Superhorse” will take you farther for longer, and you'll enjoy every minute of it.
Readers will learn how:
- Not all knowledge is good knowledge, and which knowledge is best.
- Groundwork in the form of in-hand, longeing, liberty work, long-lining, and trick training is integral to attaining training goals
- To incorporate longevity training with progressive lessons that have the “long game” in mind
- The rider's ability directly impacts the horse's
- A competitive edge serves both the recreational rider and the one who shows
- To overcome the inevitable challenges when training a horse and facing questions of persistence versus suitability
- We need to do better for the horse in equestrian sport
- “Giving back” to the industry provides a foundation for Superhorses for generations to come
With a rich mix of stories curated from years of horse adventures, practical ideas you can put to work in your own arena, and exercises to incorporate in your daily practice, Finding Your Superhorse is the rare inspiring read that teaches. Throughout, Lynn's warmth of character and intense commitment to horses, horse people, and improving the industry that has given her a life and a livelihood shine through, guiding us all toward what's possible and the “super” in every horse.